Should You Do Yoga In The Morning Or The Evening?
With a busy schedule packed with work duties, running errands, and tending to your family, it can be hard to carve out time for yourself and your yoga practice. Whether you’ve just started doing yoga or you’ve been a well-seasoned yogi for years, you’ll know the importance of prioritizing your practice. If you don’t make time for it, you’ll never get it done. That said, you may be wondering what the best time of day is to do yoga. Is it better to do in the morning before you head out of the house for the day? Or is it best to end your day with yoga stretches and exercises? There’s no perfect answer — it all depends on you and your schedule and what you prefer.
In today’s post, we’re going to be listing out the pros of doing yoga in the morning. Again, the time of day that you choose to do yoga at home or in a class is up to you. There are benefits of both times of day, but what is important is that you take time for your practice. Whether you sign up for yoga classes at Yoga Pod Fort Collins, or you pull out your yoga mat at home, carving out time in your schedule for intentional yoga practice will benefit your entire life.
Continue reading to learn more about creating a morning yoga practice. Contact Yoga Pod if you have any questions about our yoga classes and memberships.
No matter the time of day that you do yoga, one thing is for sure: you’re going to want to get the most out of your practice. Depending on your daily and weekly schedule, you should find a time that works well for you to get the most out of your yoga session. Perhaps that is in the morning, or in the evening after work. Maybe using your lunch break to squeeze in yoga classes is the best use of your time. Whatever you choose, make sure that aligns with what you are wanting to achieve from your yoga practice.
The Benefits Of Morning Yoga
- Start Your Day On The Right Note — Taking time to do yoga first thing in the morning has many benefits. It’s an excellent way to start your day. Creating space to wake up your mind and stretch out your body before heading into whatever the rest of the day holds for you prepares and calms your mind. Giving yourself time and space to cultivate a sense of positivity right away can impact the rest of your day and even your week.
- Get An Energy Boost — Did you know that it’s best to do yoga on an empty stomach? Yes, it’s true! If you eat right before your yoga practice, your body will expend more energy on processing and digesting the food when it should be using that energy on the different poses and set sequences you’re doing. Getting up and heading straight to the Yoga Pod studio, or even just unrolling your mat in your bedroom can give you a nice energy boost before you even drink your morning coffee!
- Get A Full-Body Stretch — What is worse than waking up in the morning to a stiff back and neck? If this happens to you more often than not, you’ll greatly benefit from morning yoga. Getting a full-body stretch first thing in the morning can alleviate any stiffness, tension, or even pain that you’re experiencing. And if you have a day job where you sit at a desk in front of a computer for hours on end, you’re going to want to treat your body to a good stretch before settling into that chair.
- Check Off That To-Do — Chances are you have written down “get to the gym” or “schedule a yoga class” into your planner. But more often than not, other important matters take precedence and taking time to prioritize your body and workout takes the backburner. But when you make it a priority to do yoga in the morning, you are making it a point to cross it off your to-do list. You’ll not only feel a sense of accomplishment, but your body and mind will thank you throughout the rest of the day.
- Start Your Metabolism — Even though it’s a low-impact exercise, yoga is known to boost your metabolism. A high metabolism results in a steady blood sugar level and healthy digestion! Excellent for weight loss and overall well-being, this aspect of the practice can greatly benefit you when you do it in the morning. Jumpstarting your metabolism first thing in the morning with yoga gives your body a chance to warm up and increase your metabolism.
- Take Time For Yourself — Life can tug at you in so many different ways, and chances are you wear so many different hats — professional, parent, friend, cook, cleaner, etc. — it can be overwhelming. But one thing is certain: you won’t be able to pour into others if you don’t take time to invest in yourself. With busy schedules, the only time you may have for yourself is first thing in the morning. Waking up even 30 minutes earlier than usual to get in a yoga workout can provide you with the time and space to clear your mind, focus on yourself and your well-being, and set your intention for the day.
If you’re looking for a yoga studio with an ample selection of yoga classes, Yoga Pod is the place to be. Serving the Fort Collins area with a community-oriented studio, Yoga Pod offers a variety of yoga classes for anyone at any skill level. Find our yoga class schedule online and sign up for one today. Don’t forget to take advantage of $30 For 30 Days if you haven’t already!